Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Reminiscing Moon
Driving home from work tonight (or this early morning rather) the moon was fire, setting, leaving the studded dark expanse behind. I put my eyes back on the road. I seem to always drive this lonely road when the deer are having a family reunion. I must always wait for their choice: will they jump right into my path or run away? I see the moon again. I pursue it as far as I can, taking a road I usually only take when I run, leading to an open field. No luck. I haven't seen the moon setting for a while now, it's been even longer since I've seen it rise. I am reminded again of my Africa days. Those muggy, lonely, long, beautiful, coffee laden, electricity-less, simple days, sitting on the porch watching the red moon rise over Beoue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Lovely images, Elisa!
:) Thanks. It is humbling that you are interested in my writing and my life. Hopefully I can learn more of what you taught me and are teaching me still as you continue to write: the importance of purposeful writing, writing that does not waste one's time nor the reader's.
Post a Comment